This policy is effective as of May 25th, 2018.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use Ceylon Estate Agents (Pvt) Ltd, as described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you that you provide to us:
- Basic Account information: If you register to advertise your properties with Ceylon Estate Agents (Pvt) Ltd account, we collect your name (optional), Phone number and e-mail address.
- Communications with us: If you contact us via the Contact form, e-mail or social media, this information is collected.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Logs: Like most services, we log access to our services in log files. This data includes date and time of access, IP address, browser user agent and the page visited.
- Usage information: We collect information on how you are using Ceylon Estate Agents (Pvt) Ltd website.
Information we receive from other sources
In using Google Analytics, Ceylon Estate Agents (Pvt) Ltd employs the “anonymizeIp” feature which masks part of your IP address before storing or processing it.
Our Google Analytics is configured to disable all data sharing options (i.e. our Google Analytics data is not shared with other Google products and services). Google Analytics’ advertising features are also disabled (i.e. Remarketing and Advertising Reporting features).
You can disable Google Analytics tracking completely by using the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
How do we use this information?
We use the information mentioned above:
- To communicate with you about your listings: We use your contact information to send you e-mail directly relating to your property. If you have opted-in, we also send you other non-essential e-mail (e.g. Newsletter, Tips and Insights, Promotions). You can change your communications settings by clicking the update your preferences or unsubscribe from mailing list from the email you received.
- To resolve customer support issues: When you contact us for support, we may use your information to help resolve your problem.
- To improve our support: We use usage information and customer feedback to identify issues with www.ceylonestateagents.com and make improvements to the service.
- To monitor and prevent security issues with www.ceylonestateagents.com: We use logs and usage information to monitor for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Do we share this information?
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your private personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- To comply with Laws: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
How do we store and secure this information?
Information storage and security
No service is 100% secure, but we work hard to ensure that we use best security practices when processing your information.
Update and deletion of information
The following data can be accessed and updated:
- General account information: Your Name, E-mail and communication preferences can be accessed and updated from the mailchimp dashboard.
If you would like to update/delete specific data or completely delete your account, please contact us. Note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
How to contact us
Ceylon Estate Agents (Pvt) Ltd
357 Galle Rd